<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thesensitivefoodiekitchen.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sensitive Foodie: Supper club lowdown

Saturday 28 January 2017

Supper club lowdown

Eating out can be a challenging experience when you're a sensitive eater. It's great that more and more restaurants are recognising the demand for dairy and gluten free meals or plant based options, but that's not the end of the potential problems.
For a start, most what's on offer can be a bit dull and boring to be perfectly honest; ordering is easy as there's no choice involved, just the one option! And even in a vegetarian or vegan restaurant, many dishes are deep fried and contain refined or fermented products, so I can still leave feeling rather yuck.
Jane's Place, Hove
I still love going out to eat, though. I'm always hopeful that the choice I order will be super tasty, and won't come back to haunt me later. It's such a pleasure to end the evening feeling satisfied and well - unfortunately  a rarity. It doesn't stop me though, I just suffer the consequences!
My supper clubs, however, are designed with the sensitive eater in mind; everything is 100% plant based, so dairy free for sure, gluten free and yeast free, plus mainly whole food with limited refined sugar and oil, and not a deep fried item in sight! Every dish is infused with natural flavours and I use real produce, not 'fake' foods. I spend hours thinking up exciting dishes that you wouldn't generally find in a restaurant, then trying them out to make sure they taste great. I'm not a professional chef, so the presentation is a bit 'rustic' at times, but that doesn't seem to bother anyone, as the plates always come back empty. Dessert is always particularly popular - conversation pauses for a few moments whilst the first spoonfuls are savoured!
It's not just sensitive eaters that come along, we're open to anyone who wants a good night out! Some guests come as they already eat plant based, some just like good healthy food, others are
curious about vegan food and some are dragged along by their partners (but leave with happy tummies!).If you like eating out and you've never been to a supper club, do try one. Most of mine are held at a lovely atmospheric venue in West Hove called Jane's Place, with a wonderfully friendly host called, unsurprisingly, Jane. Her room can seat up to 12 and she makes everyone feel welcome, whether it's someone new or a regular diner. And it's an eclectic mix of people who come either alone or with a companion to keep them company.
As my passion is sharing the wonderful benefits of the food being eaten, I share a little bit of information about each course. I like to nourish the mind as well as the body! And if anyone is particularly bowled over by one of the dishes, I will share the recipe afterwards, as dining out menus are not well featured in most plant based cookery books.
If you like the sound of a great night out with good food, interesting company in a warm and friendly atmosphere, then my supper club will be right up your alley. Keep an eye on my Facebook page or follow this link to my website for the latest dates and menu - the next one is on 3rd February, so there's still time to book! http://www.thesensitivefoodiekitchen.com/supper-clubs2.html


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home