<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thesensitivefoodiekitchen.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Sensitive Foodie: Up for a challenge?

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Up for a challenge?

Over the last few years I have been changing my diet to try to solve my dairy and yeast intolerance, but both have persisted. Mind you, the more I find out about milk and dairy products, the less I want it anyway, but that's another post. Since August, I have been mainly eating a plant-based whole food diet in order to heal my gut, as I really want to be able to eat bread and drink wine again at some point in the future!
This has involved a change to the way I eat, but I have to say I feel great. Apart from clearer skin and less bloating, the chronic itching that I've suffered from for years has disappeared, which is amazing - and a relief!!! Certainly an unexpected bonus. I've managed a glass (actually it was 3!!) of wine one night with limited after effects but as yet haven't been brave enough to try bread, even though I am longing for a thick chunky slice of a rustic seedy loaf. The last time I ate a roll, I had a migraine for three days afterwards, so it's a risky business.
It's not been too difficult changing to a plant based wholefood diet - it just needs some planning and the right frame of mind. It's not what you're missing out on, but what you're gaining - a whole new way of eating that makes you feel great. The research is out there that people who eat this way have lower rates of heart disease, hypertension (high blood pressure), diabetes, obesity, arthritis, cancer, asthma, stomach problems, skin problems, joint pains and psychological problems. I've just finished reading The China Study by Colin Campbell, an eminent scientist in the US; it's packed full of research which shows that the western diet is responsible for so many chronic diseases which blight the lives of millions of people. It also shows how food can not only prevent these diseases from developing, but can also reverse the process and lead people back to good health - something nigh on unheard of when managed through orthodox treatments. I mean, once a diabetic, always, right?
Dr Neal Barnard, an American doctor has established a reversing diabetes programme. This same programme works for other chronic health problems, either to treat, or prevent. For those in India, there is a free 21 day kickstart programme starting on Monday 5th November. So if you're up for the challenge and fancy seeing how your health can be changed purely eating a different way, check out this link and register - remember it's free!!! http://www.21daykickstartindia.org. There are some cooking videos featuring Dr Nandita Shah. The cooking demo I wrote about recently was run by her and I was lucky enough to have dinner cooked by her a few weeks ago - it was delicious!!!
There is a non-Indian food programme you can follow too which would be easier if you're living outside the country or prefer western style food - http://pcrm.org/kickstartHome/index.cfm.
Go on, give it a try - what have you got to lose?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home